If you are facing a problem Quickbooks won’t open and wondering how to repair the issue, then you have come across the right place. This article will assist you with viable solutions to resolve the error.
Before that, you need to understand that QuickBooks is well-known accounting software, designed to manage finances, track transaction history, and maintain records.
Moreover, with such amazing features, QuickBooks is possessed with many errors which users usually face.
However, through this article, you will be able to fox QuickBooks won’t open errors.
QuickBooks Won’t Open Error: Meaning
The Quickbooks won’t open error commonly emerges when a user attempts to access QuickBooks Desktop. While dealing with this problem, you may observe that the system is slow to respond. As a result, the user may start encountering a number of error codes, including, QB Error code 1603, Error 1935, and so on.
Moreover, the QuickBooks won’t open prompts an error message, that reads:
“QuickBooks is already open with a company file. If you wish to open another file, you must first close the latest one.”
“You can only have two business files open at the same time in QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.”
Signs of the QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Before diving into the possible solutions, it is crucial to first identify the signs of Quickbooks won’t open problems. So, we have created a list of some of the most usual problems that users have while dealing with the error.
- The system on which you are executing the program may completely shut down.
- You have not completed the QuickBooks installation.
- The user will not be able to view the company file.
- The device’s response may be sluggish to mouse and keyboard.
Causes of QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
Now that you’ve detected the QuickBooks won’t open error, it’s necessary to know about the causes of the problem in your system. When you are aware of the reasons, you may apply the appropriate solutions to resolve this issue.
- A missing or damaged QBWUSER.INI file might have caused the issue.
- Secondly, the lengthy name of the QuickBooks file may have contributed to the occurrence of this issue.
- You might be running an infected version of Windows.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation was not properly finished.
Possible Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Won’t Error
After going over the causes and signs of Quickbooks won’t open Error, let us now proceed to the possible solutions to resolve this error.
Solution 1: Ensure to download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
In this initial approach, the quickbooks install diagnostic tool can simply address the majority of the issues. However, in order to use the tool, you must first download and run it on your system:
- Firstly, visit the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- Then, double-click the file to install it.
- After that, execute the tool to address the problem.
- Make sure if you’re still experiencing the problem.
Solution 2: Stop the QBW32.exe process
- First, right-click on the Windows taskbar and select the Start Task Manager option.
- Go to the Process tab. You must now click on the Image Name header. As a result of this, the processes will be organized alphabetically.
- You must locate and choose EXE.
- Finally, choose End Process to terminate the QBW32.exe process.
Solution 3: Modify the QBWUSER.INI File
Renaming the QBWUSER.INI file will sometimes resolve the issue on the system. Follow the instructions below:
- Simultaneously press Windows + E on your keyboard.
- Look for and locate the Folder and Search option under the Organize tab.
- From the drop-down option, choose View.
- In Advanced Settings, look for the option Hidden files and folders.
- From the drop-down option, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- Then, click the OK button.
- Choose My Computer, followed by C:/ Drive from the drop-down option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Documents, followed by Local Settings.
- Followed by, choosing Application Data.
- Then, from the Intuit menu, choose QuickBooks.
- Right-click the QBWUSER.INI file and select Delete or Rename to delete or rename the file
Solution 4: Stop QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- In the first step, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Properties.
- After that, hold down the CTRL key and select Open. Also, hold down the Ctrl key until the No Company Open window popup appears.
- Next, launch QuickBooks desktop normally and see whether the issue remains. If it does, jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 5: Make a new Windows Admin user
- To proceed, open the Control Panel and scroll through it.
- Then, you must double-click on the User Account option and then select Manage User. Also, press the Add button.
- After that, enter the administrator’s name and domain. Press the OK button.
- In case you are a Windows 10 user, choose Administrator.
- Finally, press the Finish button. You’ll be sent to the User Accounts dialogue box. Click OK here.
Solution 7: Restart the computer system
You can try restarting your computer. Sometimes, prior modifications and updates are not preserved. These modifications can be readily implemented by restarting your computer.
After that, check to see whether the error has been resolved after restarting. If not, then proceed to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 8: Clean Installation Of QuickBooks
When software is not correctly installed, it causes problems for many users. As a result, it is usually advisable to perform a clean QuickBooks installation. So, to do a clean installation of QB, follow the procedures listed below.
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Navigate to Installation Issues now.
- After that, select the Quickbooks Clean Install Tool option.
- As a result, each QuickBooks-connected file will be immediately removed during the clean setup. The QuickBooks desktop software package will then be installed.
We believe by executing the solutions mentioned above, you will be able to resolve Quickbooks won’t open errors. In case you still encounter any error after the execution, you can connect with the technical team for further assistance.